6 quails eggs
500g smoked haddock (skin removed)
Smoked haddock skin
1/2 a fennel bulb
3 sprigs of thyme
3 sprigs of parsley
1/2 a white onion
100ml white wine
Water (to cover)
1 tbsp English mustard
300ml double cream
juice of 1 lemon juice
50g parmesan (freshly grated)
1 tomato (centre removed and cut into 12 wedges)
1. Make a light stock with the haddock skin and vegetables.
2. Cook the risotto with the stock keeping half for the sauce.
3. Cut the haddock into 12 small fillets and dice any trim.
4. Reduce the remaining stock and add the cream. Whisk in the mustard and adjust the seasoning and sharpness with lemon juice.
5. Cook the eggs for 2.10 minutes and chill in ice water. Peel away the shells.
6. Cut the tomato into 12 wedges removing the seeds.
7. Pick 12 pieces of dill
1. Finish the risotto by adding more stock and seasoning. Add the butter and parmesan and right at the end add the haddock dice.
2. Steam the haddock fillets until cooked.
3. Warm the eggs in a pan then drain off the water and dry the eggs on kitchen towel.
4. Place a spoon of the risotto in the centre of the bowl, place an egg and haddock fillet on top. Sauce and finish with the tomato wedge and dill sprig.